Write short notes and/or create a web-page, including relevant equations
and references, on one of the following projects:|
- The ideas leading to the density matrix.
- Matrix solutions to the band structure of silicon and germanium.
- The radial wave equation and models of the fullerene molecule.
- Small molecules containing hydrogen: what are hydrogen bonds?
- Parity and the ground state of the deuteron.
- How does Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) actually work?
- Laser cooling and Lorentzian spectral lineshapes.
- What was John Bell on about, and what is entanglement?
- Does quantum computing make any sense to you?
- The A to Z of particle diffraction: How does Anton Zeilinger make it work?
- The role of the exchange interaction in the term scheme of helium.
- White dwarfs and neutron stars: degeneracy in astrophysics.
- Collisions and atomic transitions in interstellar space.
- Where do the negative energy states in the Dirac equation come from?